C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:29:18 EST
Friends,

This is what I love about children without any disabilities or knowledge
about them, they're usually so interested about asking us questions about how
we live our lives and use any assistive technology devices we may have to
use.  I remember a neighbor boy once asking me if I just slept in my
wheelchair at night, and I could tell he wasn't joking he actually wanted to
learn something about and from me.  I feel that we usually get mad at
questions like this, but I would like to see us more open to teach especially
children about us.  For sure, I could have gotten disappointed with this boy
asking this, but I realized he just wanted to know and he might be a doctor
or something someday who will remember me.

Thanks,
Anthony