BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Metz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:35:24 -0400
speaking of good stories -- a little one from the heartland for those who may need a
laugh ---

Couple of years ago my firm was contracted to do the tax credit application for a
project in our downtown -- the "before" photos needed to be shot -- I made an
appointment with existing tenant - the "Tokyo Spa" -- the nice boss woman let me in
but explained that there were customers and I couldnt' go in certain rooms with
curtains drawn.  I entered in the back after passing the huge gleaming new pickups in
the parking lot and passed two young women, wearing shortly robes - who were laying on
a mattress on the kitchen floor and were watching Jerry Springer --- I shot the photos
quickly -- and kept thinking about  the "customers" and what was going through their
mind when they heard the sound of photos and saw flashes --- after I was done I tried
to buy the giant neon rose sign they had in the window from the owner - but she
declined - they were moving to a new location in a strip mall and would need it there.

jennie