BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Go preserve a yurt, why don'tcha.
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 06:44:41 EST
In a message dated 11/15/00 11:19:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I think your economic argument (i.e., evil landlords too cheap to keep
buying
>  new canvas awnings for deadbeat tenants who left awnings exposed to
>  hurricanes) is probably the right one.

So then, if it's a Landlord-Tenant issue, I would expect to see:
1.  the survival of awnings on fancy coop buildings (if they already had them)
2.  the survival of awnings in suburban districts of homeowners

As to 1, I haven't made a study, but certainly haven't noticed it.  As to 2,
what do you think?  There's another possibility, just that awnings (like
heavy curtains) fell out of fashion, and that, retrospectively, we overrate
their actual uitilty.

Sign me,  Venetian Blind