VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:38:48 -0500
From:
Leslie Fairall <[log in to unmask]>
I don't want Rush to discuss how he adapts to his deafness on the
show, because he would be changing how the show entirely. Just because he
is a famous person with a disability doesn't mean he is obligated to
educate the world on his radio show. Does someone tell you how to do your
job? How would you like that? I personally would not tell him that he
should discuss his adaptive technology if he went blind. He knows what's
best in his job, and I know what's best in mine.

I can't believe that people still think Rush thinks he's right all of the
time because that is just a bunch of crap. I have listened to the show
since 1990 and know what he is getting at when he says this. I always
wonder why people make comments and judgments before they really listen to
someone or something. If you have only listened to Rush for 5-10 minutes
here and there, how can you make a judgment like that? People do this all
of the time though.