VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 06:34:35 -0600
I do not know how accessible this is.  However, it is hard to complain
about the price:  free!

kelly

From: R. Turner <[log in to unmask]>

The following is the blurb on a free office suite package called
StarOffice. It is a commercially-developed package that is available for
free to non-commercial users. For more information, visit:

==> http://www.stardivision.com/freeoffice/

I have been using StarOffice at home for the past two months, and I
quite like it. What is it? It is a software package consisting of a word
processor, spreadsheet, graphic and presentation programs; news and mail
reader, event scheduler, an equation generator and an HTML editor.

Sound familiar? It gets better: The latest release 5.0 features
filtering for import/export for Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
97, Java Applet and JavaScript support within the Linux version, and is
available in English, German, French and Italian!

While this tool is great, and FREE, I will warn you that the download is
60~80 MB. If you are trying this on a 28.8 connection, you have no
choice but to be patient. Also, the download (and in some cases the
installation) may cause some systems to freeze up.

If anyone is currently using it, please share your thoughts.

Best wishes,

Ryan Turner
NPT Coordinator
OMB Watch