VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jamal Mazrui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:37:42 +0400
With assistance from T. V. Raman, I've made available in text form
the appendixes of the report to Congress by independent counsel
Kenneth Starr.  These 2,000 or so pages of supporting documents
were converted from 7 large files in portable document format
(PDF).  They total about 4 megabytes as plain text and about 1.5
megabytes in a compressed archive at the web address
http://www.empowermentzone.com/icappend.zip

The main body of the report is still available as
http://www.empowermentzone.com/icreport.zip
and the White House rebuttal to it is available as
http://www.empowermentzone.com/wh_rebut.zip

Personally, I think this is a historic example of teledemocracy at
work, where technology has made it possible for the public to
develop informed opinions on current events.  Whether one agrees,
disagrees, is indifferent, or offended by the charges and/or
process underway, I encourage communication of that opinion to
representatives in Congress -- who are basing what they do in large
part on the views expressed by their constituents in the electorate.

Regards,
Jamal

VICUG-L ARCHIVES     http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/vicug-l.html