Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:54:53 -0500
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, matesz wrote:

> > That's interesting.  My temperature upon awakening is *always*
> > under 97.0 -- today it was 96.6.  But 96.2 is not uncommon.
> > During the day it is seldom as high as 98.6.
>
> No wonder you have difficulty losing fat and have higher cholesterol levels
> and your son has developmental difficulties.  Most authorities on body temp
> and thyroid say that if your temperature is always under 97, you definitely
> have low thyroid.    You are  running at least one degree under ideal,
> showing a slow metabolism (your temperature is a by-product of your
> metabolism).

Today it was 96.4 on waking.  After an hour or so of activity it
was 97.6.

Of symptoms mentioned, I have dry skin, in recent years.  When I
was younger my skin was oily, if anything.  As we all know, I
have high cholesterol and difficulty losing fat.  My mood is
generally okay; my "energy level" varies.  My hair has changed in
the last few years.  It has thinned on top somewhat, and is
drier, more "bristly" somehow.  My hair has always been dead
straight, but it used to lie on my head.  Now it tends to stick
up.  I'm 47 years old, and I have tended to think of these
changes as just the inevitable results of aging.

How does this relate to my son's developmental issues?

Finally, since most of these problems have appeared or worsened
since starting paleo, is it possible that the diet is causing or
aggravating the thyroid problem, if that's what it is?

Thanks for the information.

Todd Moody

PS Since this is off-topic, I am willing to take it off the list,
if anyone is bothered by it.