Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:09:11 -0800
> How do you and others feel about nuts & seeds in the low carb diet? Also,
> mushrooms? I usually rinse nuts and seeds of well in water before I eat
> them, or soak them overnight. I see that some candida websites recommend
> omitting nuts, seeds, turnips [rutabaga?] and mushrooms.
>
> Thank you
>
> Joe in NH

As far as I know, they're fine for most low-carbers.

I personally don't tolerate but very small, occasional amounts of those
things, dang it.  (But then, conventional medicine interpreted a
two-foot length of thickening/stricture in my small intestine as Crohn's
Disease, while my holistic M.D. and I are beginning to interprete it as
as a large fungal colony, due to the extreme die-off reactions I had in
the first 2 months of double anti-fungal therapy--boy, was I
miserable--and my subsequent GI improvement.  So I don't qualify as the
norm.)

I always figured it doesn't hurt to eliminate something for a while then
add it back in to the diet (without any other questionable foods at the
same time), and see what response your body gives you.  Some folks find
this elimination/challenge thing to be a pain in the butt (no pun
intended), but it depends on how severe your problems are and how
determined you are to correct them.

Savoring some well-chewed pecans,
Lois