C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:01:49 +0800
You got the spelling right Bobby, it is wry neck.  I developed the
condition myself a couple of months ago.  Tripped and fell on the way
to the bathroom one night and cracked my head on the bathroom door,
luckily it wasn't latched or I would have knocked myself out - or
worse.  As it was, I pinched the nerves in my neck and two weeks later
woke up unable to move my head or neck.  My neck had locked with my
head facing over my right shoulder.  Couldn't walk in a straight line,
only walking round in a spiral fashion, spent the entire day in the ED
of the local hospital.  I had a matching wry expression on my face!!
It was extraordinarly painful.  And I panic now whenever I have a
sneezing fit, I can feel it just dying to lock again.

Moral of the story, boys and girls: ALWAYS turn the light on when you
get up in the middle of the night to go anywhere!!

Rayna