BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"Go preserve a yurt, why don'tcha." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 17:47:47 -0500
RuDad wrote <[log in to unmask]>:

> Deb wrote:
>
> <<anybody else have a trailer story?
> mind you, it has to be a classic mobile home
> (pre-1976, on wheels, and not a travel trailer)>>
>
> Exsqueeze me???? :(
>
> So the fact that we actually lived in a camper trailer disqualifies us from
> being included as pinhead trailer trash???

weellllll... lesseee... ummmm, OK, I guess we'll let you claim trailer
bragging rights in this case....
sounds like you earned em, fair 'n square    ;)
how long was this trailer?
I'm quickly finding out that one person's mobile home is another person's
travel trailer.....   the definitions get a little squishy, specially during
the 50's apparently....

one person tells me anything longer than 23' is a mobile home, another
says the presence of a full service bathroom is the qualifier...
seems to me there is still some room for discussion on the subject   ;)

I've found a gentleman in california who is busily restoring "antique travel
trailers", including 1950's era Spartan royal mansions, which were up to
48' long, and were most DEFINITELY "mobile homes"....
but he calls them travel trailers...
none of the scholarly works I've read so far has offered a precise
definition....

> Actually you probably don't know about the porch either, but then again
> we're not allowed to talk about that.

OK, so don't tell us about that, like you didn't tell us about the trailer  ;)

> From 12 miles north of Wooster.
>
> Home of Rubbermaid.
>
> NOT Tupperware!

YESSS!!!!   did you look at the website?  it's hilarious   ;)
good old ohio, cradle of presidents, coaches, and plastic utility ware   ;)
oh yeah, and the goodyear blimp   ;)

deb