BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks.\" -- Mary D" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
mitch wilds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:39:22 -0400
" a lot of the time her can was in the fridge instead of on the stove."

Growing up in a small Mississippi town we had a store-bought grease can -
matched my mom's canister set and had "GREASE" embossed into the side.  It had a
lid and always sat on the stove.  By keeping it on the stove rather than in the
frig, all the particulate matter would settle to the bottom and leave the good
clean bacon grease on top.  In practice, the bacon drippings were used more
often to pour over the dog's food rather than ours.

Mitch