BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM\"" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Michael P. Edison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:19:09 -0400
Message text written by Bryan to "BP - \"Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM\""
>And,
what of epoxy fills with and without microballoons. I think we should get
together an informal discussion group on this topic at the Preserving the
Recent Past II Conference this fall. Just documented the use of "Bondo" as
surface fill for architectural terra cotta --<

We have a rather large terra cotta re-re-restoration project ongoing in
southern Texas involving removal of the Bondo that has not already removed
itself and replacement with some more compatible alternative materials. Of
course there are lots of different properties obtainable with epoxies and
epoxy blends, both with and without microballoons, and they can have their
specific place in terra cotta repair.

Mike E.