From:
Monika Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:07:22 EST

Hello all,

After Shirley-Ann's post about pie crust, I'd like to share another idea.  I
made quiche today using a Potato Crust:

Grate 3 raw potatoes and let the liquid drain ( I dumped mine into a plastic
colander).  Add 1 or 2 slightly beaten eggs and a bit of salt and pepper.
Oil pie plate and spread the potato mixture on the bottom and sides of the
plate.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until it begins to brown before adding
the quiche mixture, then bake according to the directions for the quiche.  My
gluten-eating friends loved it.

I think this would work well for a variety of "pies" to make sort of a
pot-pie. You could make a top by just putting some of the mixture into a
circle on a cookie sheet (grease it first!)

I had a party today with 2 types of quiche, spinach salad, potato/zucchini
pancakes, spinach salad, brownies, pear pie, a layer cake (with raspberry jam
filling and a cream cheese frosting) and a lizer torte - ALL GF.  I was the
only gluten-avoider in the bunch, and everyone raved about the food.  This
really can be done on a big scale!

Monika
Pearl Harbor, HI