From:
Noah Vail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:27:01 -0500

  a.. Dear List Members, December 11, 2000 I found this site and read
the listed information below.  Should I worry?  OR is this the standard
guidelines Celiac  for the UK.  Perhaps I'm reading or thinking to much
into this?

  a.. http://www.pharmacymag.co.uk/index.html

  b.. Wheat-free vs. gluten-free ...

  c.. Gluten-free - made from wheat starch, traces of gluten remain.

  d.. Wheat-free - made without wheat starch, and are 100 per cent
gluten-free.

  e.. Click on Modules, then Coeliac Disease, about 4 pages into
this article 'Treatment' is the heading.  In the text there states the
above mentioned.

Does this mean the USA also.  If the packaging states 'gluten free' does
that mean there is/could be wheat present.  This seems to be a bit of a
sticky(or glutinous) technicality.

My son and myself are not confirmed CD's, we were confirmed with wheat
allergies.  My son at age 2.5 years, now almost 10, had dramatic results
when his diet changed.  Myself at age 29, now 34,but not till denial ran
it full course did I improve so much that I can be and am a  celiac
spreader, When I start talking  CD I don't stop.  We both follow a
gluten/wheat free diet, also my 2 year old follows this diet, he has not
seen a doctor about this but , being a mom and having these problems
myself,  I have noticed general improvement in health, disposition , and
the toxic waste BM's are gone.  My middle child has been tested and so
far no allergy.

Robin Burdette
Port Richey, Florida  USA