From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:31:33 -0800

I have been experimenting with various recipes for pizzelles, a think
crispy Italian cookie made in a special waffle-type iron,  I had made
several with wheat flour...of of which my daughter dutifully tried and
loved.  Then I figured "let me try with my cornstarch and see what
happens".  The first cookies are almost impossbilty light and delicate.
Then I was called to the phone and left the bater standing for several
minutes.  The longer the batter stood, the better the cookies
got...stiff think and crispy, but not as delicate.  Even more
interesting was that my daughter, who is not celiac, liked the
cornstrach cookies better than the wheat.  I think the secret here is to
let the batter stand for about an hour BEFORE you bake it.  I have
noticed this hint on some of the cornstarch cookies from Ltin America.

As I have said many times, I prefer the cornstarch textures to other gf
mixes because it is light, not gritty and you don't have to add the gums
to stablilize it.

Ann