From:
Diana J Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:13:50 -0400

I was diagnosed with Celiac about a year ago. I had the classic symptoms of
it and had to have my gallbladder removed as well. Over time I have had
attacks that resemble heart attacks. I was wondering if anyone else out
there had had them. They start out mild than increase in intensity until
you can barily breath. They start in your chest go into your back and
sometimes into your arm. They can last from 5 min. to 30 min. than they go
away. I had a complete heart work up and everything came out normal. I just
wondered if this was related to celiac and if someone could get a heart
attack even if they have no heart trouble.

I also have been getting pain in the muscle part of my forearm and the
underside of my thigh and calf. These areas ore very sensitive to material
and hurt when you touch them. There is no redness or bruising. It's kind of
like the skin has tightened up and it hurts to move because of the
friction. Does anyone know about this or have it?

I'm also concerned about osteoporisis. Can anyone tell me the symptoms of
it? My two boys are double jointed and one has hypermobility syndrome and
is suspected of having celiac as well. My other one constantly complaints
of his knee popping and having to straighten it so it quits hurting.

Diana Sherman