Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 00:23:35 +0200

First a big thank you to all those who replied.I have been waiting for
more info from an M.D. who replied and will send more info if more comes
in.I would also like to use this to reply to the recent discussion on
weight gain,and wonder if many who are gaining weight could benefit from
the Hyperinsulinemia plan.I am including an on-line source of info which
includes a test for those who asked,www.toon.org/~cadis/ this will help
explain and for those who are not sure if they have it or not,the test
will help.

From the replies;.Their was info that hyperinsulinemia may be the
precursor to Diabetes and there has been a connection between that and
C.D.Also they are on the same genetic strand ,apparently.Some people
thought they may well have both,and some have and find glutamine and
Tyrosine to be helpful,and Glutamine is also apparently used in
carbohydrate metabolism.IAs I had doubled in weight in 4 years,and just
as it was so hard to find out why I was so underweight,it became so
difficult to understand the swing without a change in the amount I was
eating.I feel I should add that often the body will initially due to
some trigger start gaining weight due to too much insulin being released
without eating any more or differently than normal,and without the urge
to do so.Of course this doesn't work for everyone.Hope this helps and
thanks for all the encouragement,Tracy [log in to unmask]