From:
attanash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:32:46 -0700

Hi List.

All your information has been invaluable to me over the past month.  I
am a newly diagnosed celiac mom with lots of questions - the big one
right now is:  How do other families with children handle the GF issue
when 1/2 the family is on a GF diet and the other 1/2 is not.  My family
has Mom (me) newly diagnosed, 9 year old girl awaiting biopsy results, 2
1/2 year old boy with no symptoms, Dad with no symptoms.

1)  Do you keep your kitchen totally GF, not buying any goldfish,
waffles, cookies, etc. at all unless they are GF?  Or is your kitchen
partially GF with a few treats for each diet?

2)  Did you have all your children screened (bloodwork) at one time for
Celiac after your diagnosis or did you wait until each one showed
symptoms?

3)  If my non-celiac child is eating GF foods, how could the
anti-gliadin test be valid if he isn't consuming gluten?

Your replies are much appreciated.

Liz in Tucson, AZ