From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:25:49 -0800

Hi group!

This week the Seattle area experienced its worst earthquake in fifty
years.  Since we live on a hill and our house could slide down the hill
and be destroyed, it hit me that I need to stash some gf food somewhere
safe - just in case!  Water and some emergency supplies are stashed, but
no food!  It would be bad enough to have no house, no power, no heat, no
water, no nothing!  But to have to depend on what others supplied to eat
that might make one sick would be the last straw.

That's my mission tomorrow - pack up a box of gf canned goods with can
opener and put it in the corner of the garage which might be the only
part of the house that makes it.  Hopefully, I would never need it.

Food in an emergency - something for the rest of you to think about.

FYI we were fortunate that damage wasn't worse than it was.  We had a
few pieces of broken glass, pictures askew and a TV ended up on the
floor.  The two cats however are still in hiding.  (I keep telling them
I had nothing to do with it!)

Frankly, I don't ever want to go through that again!

Diane
Kirkland (Seattle area) WA USA