From:
E. A. Rohrbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:25:48 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry about gf sausages for
pigs-in-a-blanket. I have a pile of them on a plate in the frig to bake later
today! Beth

Hillshire Farms cocktail sausages are GF.

Bryan's Lil Smokies are GF! and soooo much better than vienna sausages for
pigs in the blanket!

I use Oscar Meyer beef franks. Just cut then in half or thirds. (five or six
people suggested this brand.)

I use GF Pantry sandwich bread mix and cut Oscar meyers in 1 inch pieces. Make
the mix a little wetter, more like batter and dip the pieces of hot dog and
bake. Beth Hillson did a presentation at the CSA conference in Atlanta last
year and I happen to be there.I sometimes add grated sharp cheddar to the
batter.

Hormel cocktail sausages are gluten free and work very well for Pigs in a
blanket!

From Abigail Newman's list:

Hillshire Farms 1-800-328-2426: Regular Sausages; Hot Dogs; 97% Fat Free
Deli-Select Coldcuts(all EXCEPT roast beef); Little Smokies, Summer Sausage
Beef Stick. (WARNING: "97% Fat Free" Sausages & Hot Dogs (Lean & Hardy),
"Totally Fat Free" Sausages and Hot Dogs, and Kielbasa CONTAIN GLUTEN.)
Hillshire Farms Bratwurst (EXCEPT LOWFAT AND THOSE CONTAINING BEER)
Hormel 1-800-523-4635, Little Sizzlers, Hormel Wrangler's Beef hot dogs
Johnsonville Products (EXCEPT THOSE CONTAINING BEER, AND EXCEPT Harris Teeter
British Bangers)
Jones Farm Liver Sausage, regular
Libby's Vienna Sausage, Chicken Vienna Sausage
Louis Rich Bun-Length Franks made with Turkey and Chicken
Louis Rich Franks made with Turkey and Chicken
Louis Rich Turkey Polska Kielbasa
Louis Rich Turkey Smoked Sausage
Oscar Mayer Beef Franks, Deli Style
Oscar Mayer Hot n Spicy Wieners
Oscar Mayer Links - Beef Franks (Milk Free)
Oscar Mayer Links - Beef Franks, Bun-Length brand (Milk Free)
Oscar Mayer Links - Beef Franks, Jumbo (Milk Free)
Oscar Mayer Links - Beef Franks, Light brand
Oscar Mayer Links - Cheese Hot Dogs made with turkey, pork, beef
Oscar Mayer Links - Ring Bologna, Wisconsin Made
Oscar Mayer Links - Smokies Sausage (Milk Free)
Oscar Mayer Links - Smokies Sausage, Little, made with pork & turkey (Milk
Free)
Oscar Mayer Links - Smokies, Beef (Milk Free)
Oscar Mayer Links - Smokies, Little Cheese, a pork, turkey & cheese product
Oscar Mayer Links - Wieners, Bun-Length brand made with turkey & pork (Milk
Free)
Oscar Mayer Links - Wieners, Jumbo made with turkey & pork (Milk Free)
Oscar Mayer Links - Wieners, Light brand make with turkey, pork & beef
Oscar Mayer Links - Wieners, Little, made with turkey & pork (Milk Free)
Oscar Mayer Links - Wieners, made with turkey & pork (Milk Free)
Oscar Mayer Liver Cheese, pork fat wrapped (Milk Free)
Oscar Mayer Smokie Style Wieners
Oscar Mayer Wieners

I believe Hebrew National franks are gf. They make cocktail weiners.
Otherwise, I just cut up a hot dog into three or four pieces and roll the
dough around it. (two people suggested this brand. And they are our favorite
hot dogs... but at a dollar-plus more per package than Oscar Meyer...)