From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:19:21 -0600

Hello everyone,

I didn't have any luck locating Boarshead horseradish in our area.  One
of you said that it is found in Publix grocery stores in the east.
Another person said that it is available at Albertson's which we do not
have here.

Someone mentioned that Krogers cocktail sauce was GF.  I called Krogers
to verify and it is NOT GF.

Someone else thought Heinz was GF, but I checked their website and it
mentions that their Ketchup is GF, but their other sauces may not be
because of the ingredients being purchased from various vendors.  I sent
them an email, but have not received a reply.

Another person said that Crosse and Blackwell cocktail sauce is GF, but
I could not find it.

Someone else mentioned that S&W cocktail sauce is GF, but I also could
not find that brand.

Several people suggested making my own cocktail sauce from Heinz ketchup
and horseradish with some lemon juice and possibly GF pickle relish to
taste.  I made my own with just the ketchup, horseradish and lemon juice
and it was really good.

I found a bottled horseradish in the refrigerated section of our local
grocery store that was only horseradish, vinegar and salt and that was
what I used.

Thank you to everyone who took the time from their busy schedules to
help me out.

Hope everyone had a Happy Holiday,

Barbara in Illinois