From:
Bev Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:54:48 -0600

Hi listies,

I just made apple cider donuts for my daughter that could fool even the
pickiest gluten eater.  They are gluten free of course.  They are even dairy
free too because I used a dairy free soy margarine.

I used a mix for yellow cake ("cause you're special" - no interest in the
company - I'm just lazy).  I followed the recipe but when it called for 3/4
cup milk, I substituted 3/4 cup apple cider.  I baked them in the oven at
350 degrees for about 15 minutes in a donut pan that I got from a company
that sells baking supplies (I think it's King Arthur?).  They came out light
and fluffy.  I let them cool on a rack and then put them in a zip lock bag
with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar and mixed them up gently.  Wow were
they good.  You can even frost or glaze them and put gf sprinkles on them.
They don't crumble.  Enjoy.

Warmly,

Bev Wahl