From:
Troy and Amy Budreau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:35:46 -0500

Clear DayThank you to all who responded--I was overwhelmed with

I had 38 responses saying NO, no matter what--it is a form of wheat.

I had 10 that responded saying that it was not OK if you had CD, but a
good alternative if you just had an allergy to wheat and not CD.

I also had 2 people that said YES it was OK for us to have spelt and
that they eat it regularly.

I also received a response to my e-mail to Rudy's Bakery, and they
responded saying that they have checked with their sources of the spelt
who say that it is an alternative for people with allergies to wheat and
gluten.

I guess we still need to work on companies!

Thanks again to all who responded--I would say that everything I have
read is true--SPELT IS A NO-NO FOR CELIACS!  :-)

Amy in Iowa