Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:09:18 -0800
From:
SHIRLEY-ANNE SANCHEZ <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Listmates!!

I ordered the perfect pie crust mix from the
Gluten-Free Pantry and have to rave about the taste. I
finally broke down after of year of trying to mix my
own flours and not having the time to do it, so
consquently, I just did without. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!

It tasted just like regular gluten-filled pie crust. I
used it to bake quiche lorraine and have enclosed a
couple of easy recipes. It would be a nice addition
for a holiday breakfast. NOTE: I MADE 4 QUICHE, SO I
Tried to break down the recipe, which i made up, for
Only 1 pie. You may need to make a few adjustments.

I am in no way associated with GFP,or Bette Hagman
only happy to be able to eat some good crust!!! Also,
I recommend this to all the new people. The downside
is it's expensive, so I bought the bulk size bag which
can be used for other backing as well. I have also
used the Bette Hagman 4 flour blend which works really
well. If you are like me and do not have time to
experiment, this is your best route. The way I can
justify it is these people have perfected just the
right amount of ingredients in their flour mixes to
make it as close to the properties of wheat flour as
possible. The blends I have made myself produced baked
goods with a funny taste, but when I've used the above
mixes, I can give it to my non-normal friends (we're
the normal ones!!) and they can't even tell the
difference!!!

Happy Holidays and Bon Appetite!!

Shirley-Anne
Denver, CO

QUICHE LORRAINE

Preheat oven to 400.

4-5 eggs
1/4 of a bag (of a 1lb bag) of chopped, frozen spinach
1/2 package of cooked and drained bacon (or more if
you desire)
1/2 block of cheese of your choice
1/2 8oz bag of shredded cheese or used the other half
of your block(to clarify for you Kenny, your "block"
is not your head!!)

Garlic, salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for GFP Perfect Pie Crust

Follow instructions for making pie crust. It says to
refridgerate for an hour, but if you are in a pinch,
put it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.

Bake crust for approximately 15 minutes to cook the
bottom. Remove from oven and let cool (if you have
time). While that is cooking, cut uncooked bacon into
small pieces and cook. Drain fat. Beat eggs to break
up the yolks, then add remaining ingredients and mix
together. Pour mixture into pie crust. Sprinkle
shredded cheese on top of mixture. Cover with foil and
bake for approx 1 hr or until eggs are cooked. Once
eggs are cooked, uncover pie and place under the
broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute to brown the cheese
on top(time varies depending upon your oven) but be
careful to watch it because the crust burns very
quickly. (leftovers microwave well)

Fresh Cranberry Holiday Jello

2 small boxes of cranberry (Jello Brand)jello or any
red jello
1/2 c. sugar
1 bag of fresh cranberries.

1/2-1 c. pecans (or nuts of choice)
1 softened package of Philadelphia Light or Regular
(not fat-free, I think it contains gluten)cream cheese
1 can of crushed pineapple (Dole is the best), drained
thoroughly

Put cranberries in a pan of water and add sugar. Cook
until cranberries begin to pop open. Remove from heat,
and while it's cooling fold softened cream chees into
cranberries and it will melt. While that is cooling,
make jello only 1/2 way (use only hot water, do not
add the 2nd step of cold water once granules are
dissolved.) Refridgerate until softly gelled, then add
remaining ingredients and mix. Refridgerate until
ready to serve. It is very pretty, colorful and
festive!!