Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:40:02 EST
From:
Robb Holt <[log in to unmask]>

Regarding the Burger King warning (which could apply to any restaurant
at any time; it is just a risk we have to endure), I would like to add
this comment:  Burger King is one of the few fast food restaurants where
you can easily order the meat patties without the bread.  Although not
all of their cashiers know about it (you may have to ask for the
manager), their registers have a "patty only" key option.  When it is
keyed in that way, the cook will not automatically put it on the bun.
The nice thing is that you do not have to go into a lengthy discussion
about why you can not eat the bun.  And it costs less than the burger!
I have paid as little as 50 cents per Whopper patty (Tampa, Florida) to
as much as $1.10 per patty.  I asked a Burger King manager once about
their unusual "patty only" policy, and he replied that it was for the
benefit of dog owners who do not want their pet to eat bread.  It can be
a dog's world out there!  Happy holidays to all,

                       Robb in Maryland