From:
Cynthia Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 06:32:47 -0500
Hi Chuck,
        Did you try to clean the lens? You can use one of the available cleaning
disks or clean it yourself using a cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol. You
have to semi-dismantle the drive and be careful not to get the alcohol on
anything else. You also need to make sure you dry the lens well. Using some
compressed air to blow out any debris is also a good idea. I have also had
success after washing the CD with liquid dish detergent. Use lukewarm water
and your fingers, gently washing it from the center to the edge. Pat it dry
with a paper towel or lint free wipe if available.

HTH,
Cindy Pearce

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]