From:
Rick Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 23:24:44 -0500
I am looking for some good sites, lists, groups etc. on interfacing
and prototyping with IBM-PC's.

Specifically I am looking for:

1) Other IBM slot prototyping boards, other than the JDR board I aware
of already. Should have a breadboard area and provide decode logic.
Would just like to compare other products to the JDR boards, if any.

2) Schematics for the needed decoding etc. for COM ports, this
obvisouly pretty standard , so why re-invent the wheel some schematics
must exist on putting COM ports into your own designs. Should be
COM1-3 selectable and IRQ selectable. Creating both RS-232 and TTL
COM/serial ports is needed for some of the interfacing I need.

3) Other resources on creating/developing your own PC interface cards
for various types of interfacing.

I am working on creating a board which will meet some of the
interfacing needs I have in one board versus having 2-3 or more
devices that have to keep getting swapped around or multiple PC's
etc..

Thanks!

Rick christian

                     support at our newest website: