From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 07:03:30 -0500
Volkard,

You seem to be focused on the hardware only.
That is only part of the equation.

What software will your client be using to run their
business?  Many (most?) of the highly specialized
software packages for small to medium sized businesses
-- especially those with mulit-user capabilities --
have been ported from the Unix world to PC, but still
require mainframe/mini type hardware for the remote stations.

What kind of growth do they plan?  If they intend to
add more units as the business grows, then a $175-200 terminal
may be the most cost effective method.

Jim Meagher