From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 18:32:14 -0500
Elliot,

If you are referring to my message about Partition Magic.....
What I said was....

                   Assuming your BIOS and/or HDD controller
                   can handle the larger drive size

You can split any physical drive into as many logical drives as you wish.
However, logical drives can only be created AFTER the storage system's
"framework" (cylinders and sectors)  has been "built" (using fdisk)
FDISK is limited by the maximum number of cylinders and sectors that
the BIOS and/or controller can address.

Jim Meagher