From:
Dzingai Chakazamba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:12:16 CAT
Hie all

I had to reinstall Win95a on my computer which at the time was using an
Realtek RTL8029(AS)ISA ethernet card. This card gave me problems because I
could not locate its drivers, so I installed Realtek RTL8029(AS)PCI ethernet
card, which worked fine. I did not remove the ISA card.

My PC is on a LAN, but has its own IP address (I use a radio link to our
ISP). I had to reinstall Internet Explorer (5.0). The problem is that the
computer is no longer able to detect proxy settings (previously the settings
were on automatic), and therefore is not able to connect to the Internet.

I specified the IP Address, Default Gateway and Subnet Mask for the TCP/IP
protocol. The NIC is bound to both the TCP/IP and NetBeui protocols.

Is this a problem with my NIC or is it software based? Do I need to reformat
the HDD and make a clean install? Please help.

I can provide any further information.