Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:37:04 +1100
Let's back to basic, the first thing you need to do is check "Device
Manager", is there anything wrong? Do your IDE controllers work properly?
If things looks alright in Device Manager, from Control Panel -> Add New
Hardware, let win95 re-detect your CDROM.
If you still can't get CD back, download whatever the latest driver for your
mobo chipset (eg. Intel chip installation software + Intel ATA driver v6.0
for Intel chips, VIA 4in1 for VIA chips, ...), install chipset driver may
bring your CD back.
Still not work? then try another IDE cable, make sure the red side match
pin1.
After all, if you still can't fix the problem, your CD drive probably dead.

Jun Qian