NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jj-cupples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:17:25 -0500
My son uses the Tofutti, not me.  I'm okay with dairy.  But I have had
reactions to the product so I don't know if its the coloring or some
additive, but may be a different sensitivity altogether.  I get facial
flushing similar to my wheat reaction.  I hadn't heard of a skin contact
problem.  Did he get any sore throat of mouth redness or just skin?  Any
other allergies/sensitivities?

Janice in TX

<snip>
>But a couple of days later I fixed him a grilled cheese sandwich using the
Tofutti and >the same thing happened.  I don't know if it was something else
in the "cheese" that >caused the reaction, or if there is the possibility of
cross-contamination.