From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:47:08 -0500
On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:25:25 -0500, Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> (Zoe is two and a half years old.)

>...suggested that we should
>cut back on fat and add more carbs (dates, bananas, honey) to Zoe's diet.

>Zoe eats a lot of coconut milk, nuts, and pork breakfast sausages. I put
>"raw" olive oil on her vegetables (that is, I don't heat the oil). She eats
>these almost daily. I really didn't think that was too much fat for a
>little kid. Thoughts?

Stacie, have you thought about the fact that such small children
have still been breastfed in all paleo times?

Just look on a human breastmilk analyse, i think this is likely the way she
is requiring her food.

It has not very much fat, not at all. And is high in natural carbs.
Milk sugar is included too - i suppose for sake of enhancing the intestinal
flora.

Honey is NOT a natural carb, it is made for BEEs.
Bees can digest carbs without B vitamins and honey is devoid of B vitamins.
Modern type bananas are a little low in B vitamins ( i suppose small, more
natural ones not).
Most (not soo sweet) fruit should be good.
Most tubers too.
Sweetpotatoe? Carrot?

regards

Amadeus