Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:03:11 -0700
Subject: [P-F] Morning sickness

> Bridget,
> It sounds like you are doing the right thing by eating a
> paleo diet and taking fish oil capsules (for months).
>
> There is no "survival value" in having morning sickness.
What possible
> benefit for mother and baby could be had by mom vomiting
up her food or
> being unable to eat at a time when her nutritional needs
are greater than

> Keep eating nourishing foods made by Mother and Father
Nature (meats, eggs,
> vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs) and avoiding those made
by Modern Man and

Response;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

My Oldest child is strong and healthy----------but I was
very concerned and scared as his Mother came down with
"Mumps"  about the fourth  month of Pregnancy.    I  fed her
Vitamin C with Acreola Cherries  and other vitamins,  (1956)
plus a no nonsense diet.

My youngest child is also very robust;   He  was the loudest
kid in the Hospital,  other mothers in the ward were
exclaiming that:  "I am glad that is not my baby"  as he was
crying so loud if unhappy.   I kept reassuring his mother
that She should be Happy as that meant he was/is really
strong and healthy.

I  had fed his mother a plate of cut fruit pieces every
morning in bed as I left for work.  I  took small bite size
pieces of fruit with me to eat on the way to work every day.

Starting in 1950  I QUIT  eating white flour and sugar.
Just lately I am trying the Paleo diet so I quit all grain
and beans.   I  have a tiny bit of arthritis at age 74 but I
can work an 8 hour day if the lifting is not too heavy.

I  suggest looking thru your library for old books on
nutrition:   Center on   -Gaylord Hauser--   --"Look
younger, Live Longer"  But check any old book by a retired
"Doc"  that toured the world checking the health of  various
primitive  tribes.

You may be surprised by what Doctors write after they retire
and start looking at the world around us.!   They invariable
report little degenerative diseases among any group of
peoples that do not have access to white flour and sugar.
Then 20 years after a Mill or Mine comes to the
area --Cancer, Diabetes and Heart Disease arrive.
Ostensibly because of a change towards the Standard American
Diet.

Regards,   Lorenzo