From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 11:15:18 -0800
> When she was 12, she developed osteomyelitis, which
> left her partially
> crippled in her one leg, damaged her lower spine,
> and destroyed the bones in
> one foot.  Her parents left her in her room for up
> to a year to recover, and
> the only aid administered were those approved by the
> methods of her parents
> faith.

This really saddens me since I have also had to deal
with osteomyelitis - twice. The first time I was only
10 years old. I was treated with antibiotics, and it
seemed to be in remission. About 15 years later it
returned. I had a number of operations along with
antibiotics, culminating in a procedure where the
infected tissue was actually "scraped" from inside the
bone.

If it were not for "conventional" medical treatment I
would have probably died (from the huge abcess that
formed around the infected site), or, at best, lost my
right leg from the hip. Face it folks - sometimes it's necessary.