From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 07:30:08 -0400
On Fri, 5 May 2000 11:44:13 -0400, Bruce Sherrod <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>>Then again sesame turns out as a real wonder seed - high in calcium
>>iron many vitamins - and tryptophan.
>>100g sesame providing 150mg tryptophan together with nice carbos look
fine.

>And yet, sesame seeds have an extremely poor lipid profile, containing
>21.375g of linoleic acid (omega 6) and only 0.376g of linolenic acid
>(omega 3).   This gives an o6/o3 ratio of 57 to 1!

I didn't know Todd's additional information about sesam lipids.
But- Sesam isn't supposed to make a big contributions to the fat intake
anyway (though I'm surprised by the 49% fat).
E.g. 50g of sesam in the evening could easily be equaled out
by a little w-3 rich fats (flax or fish , who desires) -
or rely on sesamin.

Alas I still don't have a such a sesame recipe (avoiding other proteins).
Sprouted sesam (with flax oil) might be thinkable - i like the
bitter taste of sesam sprouts.
Halva may also be nice (50% sesam and honey)
- but a little too sweet for me.

>Incidently, according to the USDA data, 100g of whole dried sesame
>seeds contains .388g of tryptophan -- more than twice what you report.
>
>see http://www.juggernaut.com.au/food/?f=%2Bsesame+%2Bseed&n=12023

All the informations here come from the same USDA Database - wombn's too.
(I still don't have any other with amino acid resolution)
It reads: 0.021 0.388 17.73 Seeds, sesame seeds, whole, dried
All this information is per *weight*, 100g processed (soaked or
ground) sesam will contain something different per weight.
But the protein composition (tryptophan percentage) will
remain the same - so I eliminated different versions of the same stuff
in my list.
So, surprise 50mg TRY come from about only 12 g dry sesam!

I like your site and it even includes stuff like caffeine, phytosterol.
Do you have oxalat information? (i heard something about it and sesam).
Btw. I didn't find mentioned that the results are per 100g each.

regards

Amadeus