C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:02:58 -0800
Elizabeth H. Thiers, OTR/L
Email: [log in to unmask]

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Laura Obara [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
  Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 7:52 PM
  To: Physical Disabilities SIS Listserv
  Subject: [phys-sis] Living with a Disability

  FYI..I don't know if a lot of folks received this in the mail...This looks
like a GREAT course and some of the instructors are disability studies
scholars.  I may not be able to go due to other obligations and funding. I
want to go and support the disability speakers and learn a thing or two!
Please pass the information to your peers and co-workers.  I hope some of
you will attend.

  Living with a Disability: New Treatment Approaches for the Practitioners.

  April 20-21, 2001

  Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
  Magnuson Auditorium
  16th floor

  Accommodations will be available with at least 30 days notice.  Site is
W/C accessible

  course fee: $350 dollars

  Some of the course objectives:
    a.. Describe the common functional problems/ complications experienced
by people living long term with a disability
    b.. discuss how changes in function affect the daily life of individuals
living long-term with a disability
    c.. discuss how changes in function affect the daily life of individuals
living long-term with a disability
    d.. describe the role of the therapist in assisting a person living
disability to maintain employment
    e.. Identify at least three ways to modify rehabilitation approaches to
promote a health future for persons living long-term with a disability
  Some speakers:
  Carol Gill PhD (was my instructor for Disability Studies 501..very good)

  June Kailes, Disability Rights Advocate

  Mary  Ann McColl, PhD, OTR

  Carolyn Vash,  ( I heard many great things about her through disability
circle)

  and many more

  To register: pls call 312-238-6042
  www.rehabchicago.org

  ---
  You are currently subscribed to phys-sis as: [log in to unmask]