C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 16:15:17 EST
Hi,

I stopped PT when I was almost 15 thanks to the Rolfing project that I was
on. The Rolfing literally saved my life. I have been back to PT a few times
such as for a month after orthopedic surgery and after I sprained my knee.
Sorry to say, but it didn't do a thing for me. I improved without doing any
of their "recommended exercises." Last time I was in PT, I was discharged
because "I could press down over 100 pounds of weight." This was without
doing anything special in between PT sessions.

On the other hand, since I started horseback riding 4 years ago, my balance,
and walking and range of motion have improved TREMENDOUSLY!!! I am also doing
a lot of other alternative therapies and I am in my late 30's and constantly
improving.

I am not having many of the problems the adults with CP are. I stay out of
the ortho's offices and that helps tremendously as well. I have been told NOT
to do any more surgeries because it will mess me up more than I have already
been by previous ones.

Just my .02 cents worth,

Dina