C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:38:50 EST
Thank you Deri.  This has indeed been a very sad, unexpected event.  I
assumed that I would have her in my life for another fifteen or so years.

I don't have pictures of her on the web.  She was a gray cockatiel with
orange patches on either side of her face.  She was typically colored with no
unusual features, with the exception of her outstanding little personality
which I will always remember.

I'll probably always have birds in my life.  In the future I will be more
inclined to take in rescues.  A lot of people get birds for pets without
realizing how much care they need and how intelligent they are.  They are
extremely high maintenance for a number of reasons.  Maybe over the span of
my life I can take some in that owners don't want anymore.  I'll have to
recover from this loss though.  This was very hard.

The Queen might disagree with you, but I feel as though we are running neck
and neck for a title that neither of us wants.  At least that's what I told
her when we talked on the phone yesterday.

You know what?  I think Charles listened in on the extension.  I don't know
how many times I've told him not to do that.  I say "Charles?  I know you're
on the other line.  Hang up the phone.  Hang up I'm telling you!  Do you want
me to come over there and straighten you out?  I thought not.  Now hang up!"

Yup, that's what I tell him.

Betty

In a message dated 10/29/2000 6:06:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> On Sunday 29 October 2000 10:51 pm, Betty B wrote:
>  > Astro Bird didn't make it.
>  >
>  > Betty
>  Oh, Betty, that's so sad.
>
>  Have you got a scanned photo of Astro, I'd love to see the bird who meant
so
>  much to you.
>
>  Makes our Queen's "Annus Horribilis" look like a walk in the park.
>
>  Much Love
>
>  Deri

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam