C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordon Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:48:08 +1300
>>> [log in to unmask] 10/18/00 10:26 >>>

Dear Aunty Math,

1.  If a math teacher is driving a school bus at 45 miles per hour and is 750
yards from a railroad crossing, and a train is traveling on that track at 70
miles per hour and is 1000 yards from the same crossing, will the train reach
the crossing before the students on the bus give the teacher a nervous
breakdown?  If so, how long -- described in minutes -- will the breakdown
occur after said train reaches the crossing?
<

I'll leave this one.

>2.  How much does a pound of water weigh?<

A pound ?

3.  If God is so powerful, can he make a rock that he himself can't lift?
(Oh...wait, that one's for my priest.)
<

Yes he can - But why would he build/make  one ??

He just makes a bulldozer & uses that to build/make the big rock :-)

Thanks Betty - for cheering me up on this dull-day at work..

Gopher