C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:37:20 -0500
Basically, Joy reachers like many pieces of adaptive equipment are a
personal choice.  Don't settle for one because it's cheap.  Look for ease of
use, portability, looks, does it feel like it's going last awhile.  Some
reachers require a lot of hand strength, some have pistol grips, some are
good at picking up little things others are better at larger items.
Go to several medical supply stores and try them out.  Some drug stores and
even Wal-mart occasionally carry reachers.  Another unuually place to get
equipment are the local charity thrift shops such as GoodWill and the
Salvation Army store.  Best of luck.

Beth the OT