C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Gordon Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 10:40:18 +1300
>>> [log in to unmask] 10/04/00 05:53 >>>

We must never be embarrassed or ashamed of your feelings and we must talk to people about them. We can talk to our family, friends, a priest and a
psychiatrist if you need to. There are many people with a disability that
have a difficult time communicating and when this happens they are sometimes ignored or treated like children and there problems are dismissed like they are nothing at all. Does this happen to you?
<

Yep - Guess that sums me up...

- on-line - im quite open - & can talk about *ANYTHING* (as far as i can see) - but in person, - I have a very hard time communicating - Mainly due to my voice - as well as others respect in me..

- I even feel like a child - (as above)... - But ive recently discovered a cure... - SING - SING - SING..

- i talk to myself quite often (when im alone) - & sing as well - although i have no idea what im singing about etc.. - it does help my voice..

which will hopefully, fix everything else  make me more open etc...

Gordon - dont worry - just chatting to myself here..