Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brendhan Horne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:27:51 -0500
You can get the boot up disk at
http://nospin.com/bootdisk/index.html
Download it to a folder ( my Download files or whatever you choose. Place a clean floppy in to A: and double click on the icon you downloaded it will create a floppy boot disk. Insert Floppy boot disk in new computer make sure A: is first in boot up sequence. It will give you 3 options you can choose  #1 which will start directly from CD-rom once it has copy a few things needs to create a D:.

 If you fell slightly more bold When it comes to the 3 option point press the #2 option. this will create the D: and return to a command prompt of A: type in C: you will see it change the prompt to C: it means you are now at your hard drive. Type in "md win98" without the quotes. You are making a folder called WIN98 it will return to a c:\ after you have type in the md win98 command. Now type in cd\win98 your prompt has changed to c:\win98>   and that's cool. What you want to do now is the neat stuff. At the C:\WIN98>   Type in this "copy d:\win98*.*  press enter, sit back and watch files fly by on your screen. Basically you have told your hard drive to copy the folder called  WIN98 that is on you CD also know as D: to your hard drive also know as C:.
Well what the heck is the point of that?
I am glad you asked. The Win98 folder contains the setup commands for Windows98 and all the .CAB files those are where those pesky .dll files usually are hidden that let windows link from one part of itself to another ( right hand gets to know what left hand is doing).  If your are prompted to help find a ,dll file you don't have to search all over for a win98 cd just tell it to look in the win98 folder .
Okay so it copied a bunch of important stuff I still don't see windows loading?
Patience, At the C:\WIN98> type the word "setup" without the quotes. it will then start giving you the instructions needed to load windows. Leave the boot disk in until it tells you" Do you want to create a Startup disk?" pop yours out and you can pop a new blank floppy in but you already have a startup disk so you can always tell it no or cancel.
Now I don't know about the WInME startup disk, because to be quite honest I haven't done much with WinME. I as sure others can direct you to it or a search on google will help turn one up.   www.google.com
Thanks,
Brendhan

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>