Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Noel Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 17:23:08 -0000
Hi I have read the list for some time, but have never replied to a
posting, so I hope I am doing it right, no doubt you will inform me if
I'm not.

Hi David

You could try using the Windows sound recorder.  Start, Programs,
Accessories, Entertainment, Sound Recorder.  If you hit the record
button and speak it will show on the display and of course be recorded,
so that you can play it back.
You should also have a Mixer Icon of the task bar probably bottom left,
double clicking on that will bring up your mixer.  As has been said make
sure that Mic is ticked in the recording and voice boxes, and have a
look at Microphone column.  Set the slider half way up to start with and
then try the various combinations.  Mine has tick boxes for 'Mute', make
sure this is not clicked, and 'Boost' which might need ticking depending
on the output level from the mic.

Also your mic may need a 5volt dc supply, if so you will have to go to
My Computer, Control Panel, System, Device Manager, find the line with
'sound, video, game controller and click the + .  Find the sound card
line and click it. Click properties and then the 'settings' tab, on my
PC this has Mic Bias box to tick.

Of course your PC set-up may be different, if so sorry but it was worth
a go.

Kind regards Noel