Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Vicki Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:14:33 -0500
Hi,
My name is Vicki Palmer.  I live in Seattle, WA with my husband and 2 year
old son.  I am a stay-at-home mom.

I've been really interested in improving my diet since having my son.  He
had some mild allergies (some excema, cholicky, etc.) and I was concerned
about what long-term exposure to allergens would do.  Thus I began my
search for the ideal diet.  And here I am!

I'm feeling really well on the diet and plan to do it indefinitely.  But I
have a concern and would really appreciate input.  From the posts I've been
reading so far I'm really impressed with the quality and helpfulness of the
posts on this list!

Anyway, the last diet I was on was the Eat Right For Your Type diet by Dr.
D'Adamo.  It basically prescribes a different diet based on your
bloodtype.  The diets are rather different from each other.  Luckily, based
on my and my son's blood type, a paleo diet is highly recommended.  I'm
concerned about my husband because he has a different blood type for which
the prescribed diet is to avoid red meat and eat tofu, fish, some poultry,
beans, some grains and lots of fruits/veggies.  The idea behind it is that
his blood type has evolved to allow better digestion of carbohydrates, but
inefficient digestion of animal proteins and fats.  Apparently people with
his blood type actually do have lower levels of stomach acid, etc needed to
digest meat.

It would be easy to dismiss as just myth and it would certainly be easier
for us to just eat paleo, but I am concerned about any long-term health
effects for my husband.  He's about 50 pounds overweight.  I am probably
going to feed him paleo and see how it affects his weight and cholesterol
levels?

I would appreciate any input, especially do you know of anyone who hasn't
done well on a paleo diet?

Thanks
Vicki P.