Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:08:52 -0700

Hi all, Recently I was shopping for my refill of Nature Made
multivitamins (Essential Balance formula) and I was worried to see that
it didn't have the usual "gluten-free" status on the label as before.
So, I emailed the nutritionist at Nature Made ([log in to unmask] )
and got this very helpful, prompt response:

----------------------

Hello Liz!

Thank you for stopping by our web site and for your question.

We are happy to inform you that many of our products are indeed gluten
free.  In addition, currently all of our multivitamins are gluten free
(including the Essential Balance that you have purchased) and most of our
supplements have a No Gluten statement on them (when they don't contain any
gluten). Unfortunately, the no gluten statements on our multivitamins were
left off.  However, this statement should soon be put back on these
products.

We hope you find this information helpful.  If you have any additional
questions, please feel free to stop by our web site again.

Looks like the Essential Balance multivitamin from Nature Made is indeed
gluten-free!

Liz/Boise