From:
Paul Faris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 14:17:23 -0700

There has been a few messages complaining about Delta Airlines.  Because
all airlines use subcontractors to prepare their meals, what you get can
vary widely by area.  Therefore, as others have stated, you better be
prepared with something you can eat just in case.

I personally have had great luck with Delta airlines.  Last June I went
from Salt Lake, to Atlanta, to Ireland and back.  All Meals were well
prepared and tasty.  There were a couple of errors when a flight
attendant added a cracker or a roll on the tray after the meal was
heated, but I just gave that to my wife, and enjoyed the rest of the
meal.  When we missed the connecting return flight in Atlanta, and it was
too late to get a gluten-free meal on the next flight, they gave me a
meal voucher so that I could get something to eat in the airport while
waiting for the next flight.  Some of the continental US flight over the
years have had problems, but they have done very well for me over the
years.

Paul Faris
Co-chairman
Gluten Intolerance Group of Utah