From:
Latimer Kells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 09:13:01 -0500

Hello, All

I am having a thyroid panel done on Tuesday.  I suspect that I am
hypothyroid.  I used to be prescribed thyroid supplementation, but was
ultimately told I no longer need it.  It's a long and complicated story,
but the upshot is that I have been on Levoxyl, Levothroid, Armour, and a
dessicated thyroid glandular distributed by Nutri-Pak.  The one I felt best
on was the glandular.  I was undiagnosed and eating gluten back then, too.
Since finding out about my celiac disease, I have not been on any thyroid
supplementation.  After one month of GF diet my bloodwork showed no more
autoantibodies to thyroid, and I was "just" in the normal range, if a bit
on the low end.  However, several months later I am feeling symptoms
associated with hypothyroidism.  In the past, I have written to Nutri-Pak
twice, trying to find out the GF status of this product.  They never
responded.  If it turns out I am hypothyroid at this juncture and need
supplementation, it might be that the glandular would still work better.
Yet, I'm worried about taking  something when the company that distributes
it does not respond to inquiries.  Does anyone have experience with this
product and know its GF status?  Also, any information on what worked or
did not work re hypothyroidism would be appreciated.

Latimer
NYC

---
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.