From:
Greta C. de Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:46:00 -0400

The Michigan Capital Celiac/DH Group is sponsoring the Second Annual
Celiac Awareness Day for Michigan- Thursday October 26.     We have
asked for and expect to receive a Governor's Proclamation.   We will be
happy to send copies to anyone who asks.

We will send a letter to Rep. De Weese, M.D., who will read it to the
legislature on the last day before legislature takes a break for
elections.   Unfortunately legislature will not be in session due to the
upcoming election.

We will meet at the Capitol in Lansing MI at 2:00 p.m. to give a thank
you to the Governor's Office.  We will then break up to go to various
state offices to spread the word about Celiac Disease.    If anyone has
a suggestion  for an office either belonging to the State of Michigan or
a State Wide Association, please let us know.  We will have a list
available.

At 4:00 p.m. we will have tea and cookies at the Hickory Hill Clubhouse
549 Bainbridge East Lansing-near Harrison and Saginaw.

Then we will have dinner at the Kellogg Center at Michigan State
University prepared by the students from the School of Hospitality at
6:00 p.m.   The cost of the dinner including parking is $20.

We encourage all persons in Michigan to make some effort to spread the
awareness.   It can be as simple as taking some information and a gluten
free treat to the office.   One can contact the local library and see if
one can set up a display.   One can use the Press Release from CSA and
take it to a newspaper.   One can take some information to the person
responsible for meals in the school district or contact the nurse at the
school to look for children who have Celiac Disease.

Then join us on October 26 for a CELEBRATION!