From:
"Marc E. Mosher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:30:39 -0500
Hello all,

  I have two problems I've been tearing my hair out over and finally have
decided to post here in hopes of a solution.

  I recently set up a network for our two home computers so that we could
share our Internet connection (only one phone line), and to be ready when
DSL and/or Roadrunner comes to our area.

  Anyway, it works great.  Every Internet program works on both computers
either directly or through the program SocksCap.

  The only thing that does not work is WebCam32's FTP procedure.  No matter
what I do it is not able to send a picture throught the proxy to the
Internet.

  Other FTP programs work (CuteFTP), as well as other webcam programs like
PJWebCam, but I need the features of Webcam32 and the camera must run on the
client computer.

  I am using PPPShar as a proxy but have tried numerous others with no luck.

  Webcam32's update feature works fine, as well as the streaming part of it
(by mapping the proper port), but it will no upload pictures via the FTP
part.

  In the FTP setup of Webcam 32 there are the following fields:

FTP Server
FTP Userid
FTP Password
as well as filename, directory, etc.

  Under the Advanced tab there are things like:

Passive FTP (tried that)
FTP port (tried changing this to the proxy program's settings)
Proxy Name

  I've tried putting in the network IP address of the proxy computer under
"FTP Server", and under "FTP Userid" I used the format - <FTP Userid>@<FTP
Server>.  This seems to be the way it is recommended by both Webcam32 and
the people at PPPShar but it still doesn't work.

  Any ideas anyone?

  Now the second problem...

  When the one computer boots up a message appears on the screen that says
"The NetWare compatible shell is not available".  I've tried re-installing
the drivers and such to no avail.  Everything works fine and the diagnostic
program that came with the network card for that computer finds no problems.
I don't think the above problem is related since other programs can FTP
fine.

  Any ideas on this one?

Marc E. Mosher

                     visit our download web page at: